Souter’s Cottage is in a lovely, secluded location on the south side of the River Dee just to the east of the Balmoral Estate and half-way between the villages of Ballater and Braemar. It is easily accessible from the Ballater to Braemar road at Crathie. The location of the cottage makes it ideal for people who want to holiday in Royal Deeside and explore the Cairngorms National Park – whether on foot, by bike or by car. Walkers and cyclists have lots of routes to choose from, many directly from the cottage.
The cottage will not be available for visitors until lockdown restrictions allow.
- Holiday accommodation for 4 to 6 people.
- Excellent location in the Deeside countryside at Crathie.
- Fully equipped kitchen (fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave)
- Large downstairs room with living, kitchen and dining areas.
- Two double bedrooms, one downstairs and one upstairs.
- Third, small bedroom upstairs suitable for children.
- Downstairs bathroom.
- Central heating and wood-burning stove in the living room.
- Parking for two or more cars.
- Very good access to walking and cycling routes.
- Well behaved dogs welcomed – by arrangement.
Souter’s Cottage was a shoemaker’s workshop before it was converted to a house in the 1960s. Hence the name. It stands on a lane that was the original road along the south side of the River Dee till it was replaced by the B796.