Once a booking for Souter’s Cottage has been confirmed, a Contract has been entered into. The person making the booking agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party. Guests agree:
1. To limit the number of people occupying Souter’s Cottage to that stated in the website, unless with the prior consent of the owners.
2. To pay a deposit of £100 per week on booking, with the balance payable 5 weeks before the start of the holiday. If a booking is made less than 5 weeks before the start of the holiday please pay the full rent at the time of booking, having first checked that the property can be reserved for you. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges by the due date (35 days prior to arrival), will result in the owners treating the property as available for re-booking.
3. To accept that a completed booking agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing.
4. To notify any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due. If the accommodation is re-let at the full rate, a full refund, less an administration fee of £25 per week, will be made. If at a lesser rate, a partial refund will be made. If not re-let then no refund will be made. To safeguard against cancellation charges and other unforeseen eventualities guests may wish to consider buying cancellation insurance.
5. To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the owners’ liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid.
6. We can accept well behaved dogs, but guests must make arrangements with the owners in advance.
7. To accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also, guests agree to absolve the owners of Souter’s Cottage of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
8. To use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owners’ right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours, or unreasonable behaviour may result in the owners asking guests to leave.
9. To allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
10. To be responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows and securing the property when absent or sleeping.
11. To respect and look after their accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory. Also to take responsibility for minimising the fire risk. For example, guests must not use the barbeque on the decking or light candles on the decking or in the cottage.
12. To reimburse the owners for any breakages, loss or damage, other than those due to fair wear and tear. Also to accept the owners’ discretionary £25 charge for extra cleaning if the property has been left dirty or untidy.
13. To agree not to sub-let or re-assign the property to another person or persons without the owners’ permission.
14. The letting period for Souter’s Cottage is from Saturday to Saturday unless varied by prior arrangement. To vacate the property by 10.00am latest on the final day of let, unless otherwise agreed with the owners. Failure to vacate promptly may incur a penalty charge of £10 or more, depending on the degree of inconvenience to owners/incoming guests. Guest arrival time is from 4.00pm onwards.
15. That smoking is not permitted in the cottage. A breach of this non-smoking policy could result in the guests being asked to vacate the property. Additional information
The property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.